What’s the main goal of any buyer or seller? To get to closing and settle their home buying/selling process as smoothly as possible, right? But, what about the cost to make that happen? It’s time to address the elephant in the room…commission. The way real estate agents get paid is through commission, but only if […]
At NextHome Custom Realty, we love being able to connect with our local community. We do so by participating in local events, joining clubs/organizations and interacting on social media.
Most recently our broker and owner, Carol Smith, decided to visit with different elementary schools in Frankfort and read to 1st and 2nd graders. LBAR (Lexington-Bluegrass Association of REALTORS®) provides the book and she takes the initiative to meet with the children and create a fun, interactive environment. Carol said that her favorite part about the experience is seeing the excitement on their faces while she was reading to them. She explained how when she would ask questions they would all be so so eager to answer and contribute. Once she reads to the children, the book is donated to that school’s library.
Being involved with members of the community, even our young ones, is such an important factor in how we go about our real estate business. Our values reflect in our actions. We do not believe in waiting for clients to come to us, find/sell a home, collect commission and move on. NextHome Custom Realty has more feeling in the business, hence the word “custom” in our name. We ask, we listen, and we deliver. Real estate transactions are one of, if not the biggest transaction people complete. It’s an important and time consuming task. We focus on building relationships and trust and proving that our custom strategies are like no other.
We would love to see you out and about at different events and hear from you on social media as well! We post about events on our Facebook page and on this blog, so stay up-to-date! You can also find us on Instagram as @nexthomecustomrealty.
Check us out and see why we are your neighborhood REALTORS®.
Out of 40 homes sold this month, these were the most expensive in Frankfort!
5. Silver Lake: Sold for $242,750
4. Springhill Estates: Sold for $251,000
3. Duckers Point: Sold for $270,700
2. South Frankfort: Sold for $273,800
1. Duckers Point: Sold for $295,000
*All information researched through Lexington-Bluegrass Association of REALTORS®*
After all the time searching for the perfect property, you’ve finally found THE ONE. Now what?
Making an offer to purchase a property is not a step in the home buying process to take lightly. Just because you submitted an offer through your real estate agent does not necessarily mean it’s yours. Keep in mind that the seller does not have to accept your offer if they think it’s too low or contains too many contingencies compared to other offers etc. They can either accept, decline, or make a counteroffer.
The price listed on the home that the seller and their agent decided on is called the asking price. This is not a set in stone number, this is when the power of negotiation comes into play. You should decide on the price your are offering based on help from your real estate agent. One of the great things about using a licensed agent is that they have access to previous and current home sales that you may hear be called “comparables” or “comps”. Hopefully the listing agent used these to help the seller determine the listing/asking price and it should not be too far off. A couple other things you should use to consider the in offer is the current condition of the home and the market conditions in the economy at the time. If it’s a buyer’s market, you may be in luck and have more of what economists call “buying power” and more room to negotiate.
I will drop this link to a checklist of making an offer so you can see the different steps. Make sure when you are sitting down about to make an offer on a property, that you are truly ready. This is ultimately your decision and no one should push you to make the purchase. This is a legally binding document and a big commitment if accepted, do this on your time! Remember every case is not the same, and working with an licensed real estate agent will help reduce risk and help the process go over smoothly and (hopefully) successfully.
Here is your list of open houses in the area for the weekend. Let us know if you can’t make it and would like to look at one of the properties; our REALTORS® would love to work with you! Click HERE to search for more info. on any of these properties. The areas I search include: Frankfort, Lawrenceburg, Versailles, Midway, Stamping Ground and Georgetown. If you don’t see any listed in one of those areas, check back next week!
*Don’t forget, the agent hosting the open house represents the seller of that home. If you visit a home you like, find a REALTOR® to represent you and YOUR best interest*
- $173,900. 1452 Corral Way. 9/28/19 2pm – 4pm
- $215,000. 2084 Silver Lake Blvd. 9/28/19 2pm – 4pm
- $239,900. 109 Arbor View Dr. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $244,900. 2208 Autumnview Ln. 9/29/19 1pm – 3pm
- $164,500. 2262 Evergreen Rd. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $199,900. 4111 Peaks Mill Rd. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $332,550. 249 Ikebana Dr. 9/28/19 1pm – 5pm
- $189,900. 117 Summit Dr. 9/28/19 2pm – 4pm
- $289,500. 108 Belfair Ct. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $259,000. 108 Waterside Dr. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $379,000. 134 Greenwing Ct. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $274,900. 430 General John Payne Blvd. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $379,900. 401 Woodduck Ln. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $245,000. 101 Summit Dr. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $925,000. 2747 Frankfort Rd. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $359,900. 116 Blossom Park Dr. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $349,900. 129 Kingston Dr. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $288,500. 184 Swilcan Bridge Way 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $213,400. 104 Palumbo Pl. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $275,000. 112 Casey Ln. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $344,900. 101 Gatewood Dr. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $234,000. 105 Stephen Dr. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $194,900. 113 Sunny Cir. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $264,000. 232 Elkhorn Green Pl. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $175,000. 813 Pocahontas Trl. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $282,500. 118 McIntosh Park 9/29/19 3pm – 5pm
- $150,000. 340 Ridgewood 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $139,000. 205 Black Hawk Cir. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $424,900. 128 Rumsey Cir. #A 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm
- $477,900. 432 Barroway Ln. 9/29/19 2pm – 4pm